Uchi Restaurant Group is accepting applications for the following positions: Prep Cooks, Line Cooks, Service Assistants, Hosts, Sushi Chefs, and Dishwashers.
We are an innovative and growing restaurant group, and are looking for cooks and chefs who are creative, ambitious, and passionate about food. Our company stages trips, family meal, knife reimbursement program, Cultural Ambassador trips within Uchi Restaurant Group, and cookbook allowances are just a few examples of programs and opportunities that contribute to our culture. Because we are growing, there is a high potential for upward advancement within our organization for the right individual.
We are currently accepting applications for Service Assistants and Hosts.
Requirements for Service Assistants:
- Minimum of 2 years food service experience is mandatory, with a proven, stable work history in a high-volume establishment.
- Must be able to learn and explain extensive Japanese fusion menu on a comprehensive level.
- Must be able to learn and explain extensive wine and sake menu.
The Host / Hostess position at Uchi is not your typical host/hostess role. Because it is a key position, it is compensated as such. Hosts at Uchi can earn up to $17/hour on average.
Key Roles as a Host / Hostess:
- Prepare dining room for evening service
- Review, plan and execute table placement for reservations
- Communicate reservation notes with managers and co-workers
- Greet and seat guests
- Maintain awareness of pace of dining room
- Close dining room
- Prepare for following day's service
We are looking for individuals who are / have:
- Comfortable interacting with guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Comfortable communicating with superiors and co-workers
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent time management, prioritization and multitasking skills- Skilled in typing
- Experience with a reservation system is a plus